How to hide Joomla module on blog detail page and show in category only
Sometimes there is a situation where you want to show some modules on categories only and some modules on blog detail page only. To achieve this developers used to custom code heavily on index.php to achieve the results.
But in this case, it may happen that custom code can be over-written after Joomla update as index.php file is also updated on upgrade. Therefore, the developers feel a very complex situation to display the module only in categories and hide in blog articles or blog detailed page.
Here is the solution to display the modules correctly on desired location by using the Advance Module Manager. The Advance Module Manager correctly shows the Joomla module at any desired location through various setting available in module configuration. The benefit of this AMM is that it also removes the module positions, if module is not assigned to Menu items in (in AMM Assignment in the concerned module settings). The free version will also take care of this, if you don't go Pro. Many Thanks to Peter van Westen (the developer of AMM).
Guide - How to hide Joomla module on blog detail page and show in category only
- Install Advance Module Manager
- Go to desired module and click Assignments
- Click on matching method to All.
- Click on Assignments to All.
- Go to categories and click Include.
- Select the categories where you want to show the desired module.
- Check the box categories in the same categories at bottom.
- Uncheck the Articles box.
- Save the module.
For easy set-up of configuration the module configuration image has been given below.